Friday, January 14, 2011

It's Always Snowing in Michigan.

Ah, Michigan. The spontaneous random weather never ceases to amaze me.

During the "Happy Holidays," I resided in my grandmothers mansion. Basking in the Brazilian sunlight and delighting myself in the company of my family and friends. The food there did clash with my stomach. So I was unable to consume the excellent cuisine provided :( HOWEVER, I did not let that hinder my time there.

I mostly hung out with my lady-friend and her groovy husband. Believe me, they were quite the riot. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm the one who instigated the riots and some egregious moments: I knocked things over, broke valuables, barked outrageous remarks, and caused havoc. Well then, I just wouldn't be myself if I didn't. :) I stood out like a sore thumb, people would give me weird looks or look twice at me. I was proud to be different, it felt good.

Some how, the Brazilian folk have this irrational compassion in their hearts, to find my goofy self, a pretty sweet person to be around with. I mean they liked me, they really liked me!
My friends were always on the look for me. I would get lost constantly, in the big city. My attention went from one store to the creepy guy selling cheap and faux purses. I'd to be dragged or yelled at to come back under the sight of my friend. Then she would laugh about it and then I'd go running off again. It was truly a great time.


Then, there were the times where I felt out of place. Like, I did not belong there. And well, its true! I don't. My place is here in the cold, frosty, and gray weather. I was yearning to come home. From the moment I arrived in Brazil to the moment I stepped out of the U.S customs and border protection. No matter how many times I say; "I'm gonna live in Brazil as soon as I graduate" or "I wish I was in Brazil". My place is here and always will be. It's what I'm accustomed to.

Man, do I love snow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment